Pages

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Past revisited...

I bumped into an acquaintance who had been very close to me and my family for quite sometime, but for reasons best left unquoted now, we fell apart, and slowly faded away from each others’ lives. Or so I thought. Today, when I was talking to her I realized that there was no aspect of my life that she was unaware of! And I did not have a clue as to what was happening in hers… And I realized later that it was because my family had decided to reconnect and somewhere I was left nursing the memories, and together with it, the hurts that they had left behind.
I was open to reconnecting; don’t get me wrong. It is just that the way it was done was somehow all wrong. I wish I could have had an opportunity to discuss what went wrong. I wish I had a family which understood that I needed this healing session between ourselves. But I guess it was not really important for them? And all through I claimed that it was okay for them to go ahead and build the bridge between themselves but I did not expect to be left behind on the shores! And today, when I am being questioned about facts which I did not know anyone else was aware of, it threw me! I somehow felt betrayed all over again, only this time by my own…

Mohana Narayanan
June 18,2011

No comments: